As September Looms....

With September just a stones throw away, the summer as usual has flown on through with record breaking speed and the fall is just a month or two down the road. It is usually a time of year when the big traders come back from vacation and the kids head back to school for another year of what has become known as the useless return.
         However I doubt that the big traders are part of the equation any more with the algo's and AI doing everything that a trader used to do except probably far more efficiently and far more effectively than a trader ever could do. Remember these things do not operate on emotions and it is really difficult to see what they see in the markets as they are likely leaps ahead of you or me. I mean if one of the bastards can destroy the worlds best "Go" player why can't they destroy you or me?
        The easy answer is "they can". Quite easily in fact. It does not require any sleep and it never gets angry or frustrated with the markets. It (like the markets themselves) does not care.
    The beginning of the week sees more of a continuation of the past two weeks of the markets racing up as the Dollar falls a bit. I still don't see the Dollar plunging just yet but it is not far off from moving to the downward side of its range. That is why gold rallied to just for your reference.
        While I think that oil will stay in this range for the foreseeable future (that is the 64 to 75 range) it should go sideways this week. Probably not a good week to look at the oil price and to try to find a good entry point. That was a few weeks ago when I told you that it might be a time to look long at the 64 area.
        So should we see the stock markets racing higher?
I think so for the time being. I think that tech stocks will race higher along with the S&P for the time being. By now I hope that you are through trying to second guess the central banks and are simply going along for the ride. It never ceases to amaze me how we continue to hear the same horse shit being applied to the markets that were in place for the past forty years. The Peter Schiff type continuing to grab the spot light with his non stop tirade on how everything is going to unraval in timely fashion.
       All I would ask is, "Do you have any money on the line Peter"?
Unless you see the positions I wouldn't take his word on it. If he were actually putting his money on the line he would have long since gone broke. That is the point of making silly predictions where you generally give everything back that you made when the market turns into one of its unpredictable modes where it is very difficult to figure out anything. Like now.
       Being a linear thinker is indeed a dangerous game in the markets.
For the time being I have no real recommendations this week. I would sit on my hands and if you are in stocks continue to add to them for the time being.
Cheers and good trading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment