Corona Virus and the Markets....

This is an interesting topic that I enjoy thinking about with my curiosity about science. For a while, I have noted that our viruses are getting stronger and stronger. So is the bacteria. While we are busy worrying about our money and ways to accrue millions we forgot about a very important thing.
That is, of course, keeping up with the various strains of viruses that try to kill us.
       I am a believer in a higher power of some sort. Something bigger and much more all-powerful than myself. It keeps me humble and grounded.
       I think that I have discussed before my beliefs which are fairly neutral as far as religion goes. Like I said I believe in a higher power. Religion is another story altogether. I prefer to break down barriers and treat everyone as equals whereas religious dogma only serves to create barriers and segregate us. I think that this is part of a much larger problem and one that I do not have the time or the patience to explain at the moment.  Suffice to say that if there is a religious god as various people believe then why are there so many things on this planet that are designed to wipe us out? I mean seriously think about that for a moment say nothing of the cosmos which could end our existence in the blink of an eye very much like it did with the dinosaurs.
       While I do not think that the Corona Virus is the horseman of the apocalypse I do think that it is another stern warning that we are losing the battle to disease. How long will it be before we see a virus that wipes out two-thirds of the worlds population like various plagues of the past?
      While I do not have the answer to that I suspect that it won't be long in coming if this is any sign how seriously we take this matter.
      On the market side of things, we have to, first of all, be aware of who first goosed the markets to their levels, to begin with, and who controls the price action of most markets now.
    Most of you know who that entity is at the moment without too much detail. Of course, I am talking about the central banks of the world. In short, they still have control and they will not likely lose it over this virus even if it means ending flights to various countries. Yes, it may slow things down for a small period of time but it won't have any black swan event repercussions on any of the markets. After all the central banks don't have the virus so why would we worry about them losing control.
      After all the worrying and drama, the trade will continue as always. The sun will rise and set as it always has and the human race will move forward. Bonds will continue to be bought by central banks and the debt will continue to be expanded forever and ever amen.
      The Coronavirus will come and go as SARS did and all the other viruses before it. People will die (generally the old, young and very weak which is the law of nature) and we will talk about it in the not too distant future as the "outbreak of 2020".
      It might be a good wake up call for our biological scientists and for governments to get more funding into this area before we actually do get a virus that runs amuck. In business and monetary sense it doesn't do anyone any good to have lots of money if you don't have your health, you are dead or your clients are dead.
       While we concentrate our focus on the unfortunate fate of a guy who put a ball in the hoop for a living, perhaps after we say our sad farewell, that we can turn our attention to more prying matters of moving ahead as a species. Stay invested and stay healthy. Cheers!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment