Mass Shooting Sprees and Market Meltdowns. What they have in Common...

I suppose that this is the only safe place I can post my own thoughts and comments on such events rather than incur the wrath and scorn of social media.
      It is no secret of the latest mass shooting in the US. It is everywhere. From one group to another they call for action and they call for urgency. In a sense I don't blame them. I would be a little unnerved myself if I had to endure such an ordeal. The difference between me and the people shouting from the roof tops is I know how to deal with violence and aggression. I trained my mind and my body for many years in combat and in the wilderness. Which brings me to the point of why I think that the masses are wrong here.
      There are going to be many who disagree. These are likely the same people who condone and discredit those who do service for us. Those who are able to bring the fight to the enemy rather than to have to fight it on our own soil. Trust me when I tell you that you WOULD in no uncertain terms have had to fight this fight at some point. The world is a hostile place. So is the universe. It is anything but peaceful and calm. It is chaotic at best.
        You see part and parcel of our problem is we have been amby pambied to sleep for far too long by demanding that things be done for us and when there is a problem of course regulate it to death so that it goes away. Except here is the problem. It never does go away.
      There will still be religious zealots, crazy people and unstable situations that we will find ourselves in. We like to think that we have come a long way from the early times of the Roman Empire where Gladiators would do battle in the ring to the death and many people would be killed by enemies and armies. In truth we have not come that far.
     The people that would have you believe that guns are the problem are the same ones that would die in a week without power. The same ones that would cry from the rooftops for protection if an at home attack occurred. The same ones that would not have any way to properly protect themselves nor understand what to do if it ever came to that.
      These folks suffer from the same normalcy bias that you find in the markets before something bad happens where everyone blames everyone else for their losses.
      We have a weak society at the moment. A spineless populace groomed on having too much too fast. We could not have even held the jock straps of the people who went to WW2 for us and did so without drugs, complaints or compensation. They did it out of honor.
     The same people who complain are generally the same ones who mock trophy hunting and killing for sport without realizing what that really means.
     I understand nature and therefor I get it. I could survive in a very difficult time. No one would need to help me. I would help myself and anyone else I could.
       That a child dies if of course a terrible thing. However 14 million of them die daily. We don't notice because it doesn't affect us or our way of life.
     I no more agree with gun regulation than I do with people putting licensing on fishing. Either you respect nature or you don't. It comes down to respecting yourself and your fellow man.
     This is part and parcel of socioeconomics. When mass hysteria rules. When people lose it. It hasn't happened since the 70's and therefor most people have never encountered it. I have said before that when social division and wealth inequality are at their highest this is when people lose it the most. Will it stop this from occurring in the future because we take away some people's right to a gun and who will decide who is to get a gun and who isn't. The same people putting the regulation into place no doubt.
        My view is radical and I know it. I don't expect it to be popular. However being a realist is what I have always been about and like I tell you in the markets to be prepared is a whole lot better than to not prepare or have any idea how to do so. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment