How Did I do In 2017?

This is the time of year where every pundit out there crows about his/her remarkable track record and how if you had followed them you would have become extremely wealthy. You hear it almost every day don't you. The reality is everyone's results will vary because of their individual biases and their tolerance to risk. Experiments have been conducted this way over and over and clearly show that no two people will get the same results. So even though I called some very good trades it would have come down to you how far you carried the trades and where you took your profits. I have no control over that other than to show you "where" I was getting in, with positions on the board.
      My calls and posts are all here for you to see. No BS, no cherry picking and no curve fitting. I just called them as I saw them.
Trade #1 - Short the US Dollar. We did that throughout the year by going long the EUR/USD. You could have made a lot going against the crowd and listening to my rationale. Go back and see. How much? Well the EUR/USD rose from 1.0430 to a high of 1.2080 area.
Trade #2 - A number of swings on WTC (OIL) where I was right 7 out of  9 trades. Go back and see my friends. You could be still carrying my last call. I don't know. However my latest call is to start looking short.
Trade #3 - Long Copper. A very good trade which could be still rising. I got you in a 2.000 area. Keep riding it if you are still in. I am not but you might be.
Trade #4 - Long corn, soya beans, and wheat. This was a clear loser. Period.
Trade #5 - Long all indexes especially the European ones. Here you could have done very, very well by weighting your portfolio with European stocks. Around the 9954 area I told you to get long.
Trade #6 - Short the USD/YEN at the 117.00 area. Not a lot of gain but a winner none the less.
Trade #7 - Short Gold at the 1326 area. Still in play.
Trade #8 - Long the 10 year US Bond at the 123.80 area. This could be another good trade in 2018.
Trade #9 - Short the AUD/USD from .8030 which could be still running. Nice trade if you were patient.

      There were many more. All you have to do is go back and look. In 2018 I have my views and I look forward to another good trading year. In 2018 I will be helping you a lot more with short term calls and daily trades. I believe I have lots of value to offer.
        In the new year I will post my views on the coming year and what I expect the markets to do. This is loosely based on interpreting central bank policy and what they want to do. Their rhetoric is often cloaked in phases that are the opposite of what they want to do. So pay attention and look to the blog to get the latest and best trading advice for free. I plan to expand my service and if you are patient I think that you can gain 24-50% on your portfolio yearly. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment