What I Do to Make Money....

I read so much these days on people telling people how to make money. I think that is both good and bad.
      Like I said before what works for someone may be sheer poison for someone else. Sort of like trading. No two people will get the same results. In life it pretty much works the same way. You can't ever know if you will be successful. Once again it is like trading. You simply cannot predict which trade is going to work the best.
       I told you before that first of all my own house makes me money. No it is not setting up and Air B&B home although you could do that. That does not make enough and your home is never truly yours. That is not for me but some people love the concept. It can do well if you take a few years and really get known as the place to go in your areas. If you think opening your doors this way will get you a line up of clients you are in for a rude awakening. Like any hotel operation you need to put in long hours to please your customers and make sure that they have the time of their life when at your place unless you live in a place where people are lining up to get in and there is no openings. Sorry but that is what the hospitality business is. A LOT of service.
     So what I do is I help children through the CAS by providing rooms for them to stay in. Now this is not for everyone because you have to be dam patient and yes your day is relatively filled unless you get to the point where you can hire other staff to do the menial tasks that take up a lot of your time. This can and should be done. I make around 10,161.00 per month. Tax free here. I am not sure if it is in your area but it is the maximum I can make with my home and yes it is a business. This is with three children. I can house up to four.
       Now obviously I am not the Touley's from the Blind Side movie. I am not doing it only out of the goodness from my heart. You won't get very many kids like Michael Orr. I promise you that. I worked in social services for many years and so I knew the business and knew my own interests quite well. I thought I could make a change in these children's lives for the better and I do. I work hard with them. I plan events. I help them to succeed and in the new year I am going to help them to become entrepreneurs. I may even try to teach them how to trade. Like anything you get out of it what you put into it.
     Now I make quite good money you would have to agree. My experience and contract in place account for this. I spent 25 years doing social services. So I put in my time.
     The next area I make money is in trading. Not all the time but most of the time. This accounts for an average of around 2000 a month USD. Not a fortune but nice which is about 2250 CAD.
     The next area I make money in is in Fishing chartering in the spring, summer and fall. I don't make very much but I generally produce and I pay for my equipment, maintenance of the boat and gas. This year I have a different business plan around it and I hope to do quite well. I will test it and see. No predictions but I am changing a few things to make me better than my competition. I don't think they will be able to compete and therefor word should spread over time. This is my passion and hobby that I enjoy best in my free time. Probably quite different from you.
       The next thing I do to make money is I am a very intelligent shopper and I am extremely non wasteful. Most people waste a fortune. I do not. I taught my own children to be sensible around purchases. I told them to avoid college and university like a plague (which both my boys did and are now making money). I taught them how to put value on your time and what you earn. I taught them cash burn versus cash revenue. How it works in basic math. I taught them how to give back and how to do good deeds regardless of whether you were getting paid or not.
     These things all add value in your life. You won't see it always in monetary things but it will come back to you in some way. Call it whatever you want but it is planting seeds that will grown in time.
     I drive a very inexpensive car. A 2007 Saturn Ion that is probably only worth 1000 dollars but only has 175K on it for kilometers. It is good on gas and when there is repairs it is next to nothing to repair it. One might say with all your savings and cash per month why don't you drive a Mercedez. The simple reason is, it holds no importance to me. I have little to no interest in cars other than how to fix them and the engineering behind them. I like boats a lot more. However I build and sell my boats usually every two years minimum. I do all the work myself and once again it is a hobby of mine. I don't make a lot of money but I enjoy all the work I put into them. Yes you need a bit of knowledge here but you can learn it online. There are schematics for all older models.
      What you see here is my template for success that goes in getting what I want out of life. I wrote this so that you would see how I go about it. My day is far from lazy or far from sitting there wondering what life is about. I get up and I do things. You should too.
       Don't grab this template and try to run with it unless you enjoy the same things I do. If you do well fill your boots. DO NOT look only at the money. You will fail if you do. If you are over 50 and you still haven't saved a penny with this template you don't need to. Bringing in 13 to 20K a month is possible. You are only 55 not 85 and if you are 85 well then you can still do things. Learn to write like I do. I am not the greatest writer in the world but people read my posts.
      Write about what you love first. Then write some more things that you are interested in. In time this can be a source of income too. Don't expect any income for months at first but do it out of love. This post took my about 10 -15 minutes to write. No I don't edit it or proof it. It is just thoughts and writing jotted down on paper. I don't speed type but I can do 30-40 words per minute. If you are faster then there are other avenues that you can use this skill to make you money.
      I promised you I would tell you and here it is. No buy this book to learn how and no upselling other products. Just honest advice. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment